Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Days in Morogoro

We've been in Morogoro for a few days now and have met and moved in with our host families. I'm living with my mama, baba and two dadas, but they have extended family that have already come to visit and meet me. They are a great family and have been incredibly patient, helpful and understanding. Their home is built primarily of concrete with a tin roof and the choo is in a separate building a few steps outside. Their kitchen is also outside in the back of the house. They do, however, have a full entertainment system with cable and love to watch the news!

We've had training everyday from 7 until 5 that has consisted of cross cultural learning, language and teaching methods. The language has been incredibly overwhelming as we study it for hours everyday and while I think I've been picking it up I still struggle to actually use it. I'm sure it will come with time.

The most exciting news of the day is that we were lucky enough to be visited by Aaron Williams, the Director of the Peace Corps visiting Tanzania for the PC's 50th anniversary. We also had an opportunity to look briefly at the curriculum we will be teaching, which has me more excited to teach than ever!

1 comment:

  1. Pictures of your family please! Love and miss your tall, lanky hott bod. ;)

    ReplyDelete